Apprentice Electronic Technician, Kroger Electronics.
Kroger Electronics is hiring individuals interested in starting a carreer in Electronics.
This will involve the repair of Hand Held scanning Equipment that Is used in every Kroger Store across the Kroger Enterprise. I am hiring apprentice electronic Technicians that will be repairing specific products for Kroger Co. No previous Experience is necessary. All training will be provided. The Job Starts at 13 per hour. It is a full time 40 hour each week job. It comes with full corporate benefits. The working hours are from 07:00 to 3:30pm each week day with weekends off. All new employees get 3 weeks paid vacation each year, if hired during the year the vacation is prorated accordingly.
Currently hiring 4 apprentice Electronic Technicians and 4 for our production Department as well.
As mentioned above this is the Corporate description of the position but it is not entirely accurate. If hired Each candidate will be trained into the position. Must have a willingness to learn and work, the ability to be dependable and on time Each day.
Responsible for repairing all store electronic equipment covered by our in-house maintenance program and assist with the addition of support for new technologies in Point Of Sale. Role model and demonstrate the company's core values of respect, honesty, integrity, diversity, inclusion and safety of others
Essential Job Functions:
• Provide complete store service to all assigned stores and all assigned equipment except those covered by Vendor warranties, and those currently on a service contract with an outside vendor.
• Evaluate store electronic and electrical equipment and assist the Maintenance Engineer in determining the best way to provide maintenance service.
• Assist with major and minor project installations as directed.
• Determine what parts the maintenance department should stock in order to perform timely and complete repairs and preventative maintenance to all store electronic and electrical equipment, not currently on a service contract with an outside vendor.
• Provide complete and timely preventive maintenance of electrical and electronic equipment.
• Maintain an accurate and organized inventory of parts.
• Clean and maintain company service vehicle, if one is assigned.
• Train Technicians and/or technicians in the repair of selected electrical or electronic equipment should the need arise. Train Technicians, technicians, engineers and store personnel in the proper use of electrical and electronic equipment.
• Maintain effective communications with store personnel in order to reduce maintenance cost, especially as it relates to equipment abuse, repeat calls, overtime, and incomplete understanding of the equipment.
• Properly complete all serviceman repair, labor, part and purchasing documentation in a timely fashion.
• Comply with all department and company policies and procedures.
• Must be able to perform the essential functions of this position with or without reasonable accommodation
Minimum Position Qualifications:
• Candidate should be experienced in electronic repairs to various types of equipment.
• Fundamental knowledge of PC and Server Operating Systems.
• Fundamental knowledge of networking principles.
• Strong Electronics and Mechanical background
• Highly motivated and energetic
• Strong communication skills and work ethic
• Strong organizational skills
• Working knowledge of Microsoft Office applications
• Excellent troubleshooting skills
• High school diploma or GED
• Minimum of 18 years of age
Desired Previous Job Experience
• Associates Degree
• Computer skills including Microsoft Office
• Prior knowledge/experience troubleshooting electronic systems
Leadership Behaviors: Achieves Results through Teamwork, Coaches and Develops Others, Communicates Effectively and Candidly, Executes with Excellence, Leads Change and Innovation, Leads through Positive Influence, Provides Clear and Strategic Direction, Puts the Customer First
Set Hours — 07:00 to 3:30 pm Week Days, 2 15 minute breaks and 30 minute Lunch
13 - 14 per hour depending on experience
after 90 day probation period full health and dental benefits corporate package. 401 K annual bonus, merit based pay
Some college — Electronic experience is preferable but not required
Louisville — Electronic repair facility located at 9123 Galene drive Jeffersontown kentucky 40299