Preferred Medical is a growing nationwide workers' compensation management company, offering advancement opportunities and a great work environment. Preferred Medical has an immediate opening for an Entry Level Accounting Clerk to support the day-to-day accounting operations of our organization. This is an excellent opportunity for students on an accounting-track, looking for an opportunity with a stable company that offers room for growth.
This position requires excellent customer service skills, a high-level of accuracy and speed, and a sense of urgency to complete work in a timely manner. Strong attention to detail, intermediate to advanced Excel skill, and 10-key entry experience are requirements. The Accounting Clerk must be able to work cooperatively with others in a fast-paced environment. The position requires an organized and detail-oriented person who can quickly learn to navigate our company software, meet timelines on a daily basis, review entries for accuracy, work independently and learn new concepts quickly. The Accounting Clerk must be flexible and willing to assist other team members and departments as necessary.
Job Duties include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
• Quickly and accurately enter alpha and numeric data into Excel and other software systems.
• Process, mail and incoming A/R.
• Invoicing; including printing, mailing and filing.
• Department filing and scanning.
• Provide back-up and support to accounting team Assistants.
• Other duties as assigned.
Qualifications: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Manage multiple competing tasks, demonstrating an attention to detail, follow through on assignments to completion in an environment with rapidly changing priorities.
• Demonstrate clear and concise verbal and written communication skills.
• Handle sensitive information and preserve its confidentiality.
• Work independently and proactively seek guidance when appropriate.
• Stable work history and excellent references from previous employers
• Minimum of one year of experience in an Accounting position or an Accounting degree is required.
• Alpha/numeric data entry skill of 35-40 wpm/7000 KSPH with 99% accuracy (test will be administered). 10-key entry by touch.
Candidates must be able to pass initial employment screenings; including a criminal background check and data entry test.
Flexible - Will work with applicant — Monday-Friday afternoons- 20-30 hours per week
13.00 per hour
Some college — Accounting program enrollment or completion is preferred
please email resumes to: firstname.lastname@example.org