American Heart Association
The Louisville Heart Ball, Go Red For Women Luncheon, and Heart Walk showcase the mission and impact of the American Heart Association. These annual celebrations promote physical activity, heart-healthy living in a fun, family environment, and educate our communities on how to live healthier lives and be Healthy For Good.
This internship position is unpaid, but will offer valuable hands-on experience in a professional business setting. Internship will include the following professional development opportunities:
• Project Management: Intern will be responsible for assisting each Event Director with day to day tasks and work closely with the Special Event Administrative Assistants.
• Volunteer Management: Assist participants with event websites, answer phone, email, etc.
• Procurement: Intern will assist with in-kind donation solicitations, day of event logistics, marketing projects, and data management.
• Creative: Intern will assist in creating marketing materials and collateral such as programs, flyers, PowerPoints, etc.
• Miscellaneous: Intern will be asked to attend events, health fairs, etc. This will include set up, tear down, and so on.
• Additional projects and responsibilities may be added as needed.
Desired Qualifications of Special Event Intern:
• Possess excellent computer skills and proficiency with using the Microsoft Office suite
• Possess excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
• Demonstrate the ability to interact with all levels of AHA/ASA staff and volunteers
• Demonstrate the ability to multi-task with minimal supervision
• Maintain confidentiality of all AHA/ASA and volunteer information
• Motivated and self-directed
Flexible - Will work with applicant — Minimum of 10 hours per week during specified internship period.
Offer valuable hands-on experience in a professional business setting.
Louisville — 240 Whittington Parkway
Please email the following to Amanda Peyton at firstname.lastname@example.org:
Current resume outlining interest in position and qualifications.