Kids Center for Pediatric Therapies
The Web Development intern assists the Marketing and Development Specialist with a variety of digital projects that support the goals of the M&D Department. S/he will help to manage the marketing and development database and create management reports. The intern will work closely with a project team that includes other Kids Center staff, vendors, board members, and other volunteers. This is an UNPAID internship.
• Support maintenance and updating of the back-end of Kids Center’s public website.
• Write well designed, testable, efficient code
• Create website layout/user interface by using standard HTML/CSS practices
• Integrate data from various back-end services and databases
• Create and maintain software documentation
• Cooperate with marketing team to match visual design intent
• Publish and distribute electronic newsletters using Luminate and/or Blackbaud Online Express.
• Publish approved content on Kids Center’s various social media platforms.
• Limited copywriting and editing of website and newsletter content.
Working toward a college degree, preferably in a related field (e.g., Web Design and Development, Graphic Design, etc.). Previous experience in web design and development is a plus.
• Proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite and an understanding of the principals of graphic design required.
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office and a firm grasp of available tools and platforms in the social media space, such as Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, etc., is desired.
• Ability to present information concisely and effectively, both verbally and in writing.
• Strong organizational, problem-solving and analytical skills.
• Ability to manage priorities and workflow under time pressures with accuracy.
• Ability to work independently and as a member of a team/committee.
• Versatility, flexibility and a willingness to work within constantly changing priorities with enthusiasm.
Flexible - Will work with applicant — 15-20 hours/week. Kids Center will work with the intern to accommodate his/her course schedule and other work responsibilities. The intern may be asked on occasion to work evening and/or weekend hours.
Some college — working toward a college degree, preferably in a related field (e.g., Web Design and Development, Graphic Design, etc.). Previous experience in web design and development is a plus.
Louisville — 9810 Bluegrass Parkway
Send resume and cover letter outlining how your education and work experience aligns with the requirements of the position to firstname.lastname@example.org