Kids Center for Pediatric Therapies
The Marketing and Development (M&D) intern assists with development of creative concepts and execution of marketing strategies for promoting the work of the Kids Center and securing donations from current, past and first-time donors. S/he will develop content and assist with copy editing for promotional materials including direct mail pieces, print and electronic newsletters, web site and social media, media releases, and other materials as needed. The intern will help to manage the marketing and development database and create management reports. S/he will work closely with a project team that includes other Kids Center staff, board members, and other volunteers. This is an UNPAID internship.
• Collaborate with the M&D team on new ideas, directions, and venues for marketing/ communications and fund development.
• Organize and attend weekly M&D team meeting including preparing agenda and taking minutes.
• Organize and attend monthly M&D Board Committee meeting including preparing agenda and taking minutes.
• Must be able to work a flexible schedule, occasionally at night or on weekends
• Provide backup for the M&D Specialist, performing all duties as assigned.
• Assist with updating and maintaining Kids Center’s social media presence.
• Assist in planning, writing and managing monthly eNewsletter.
• Draft, distribute and pitch news releases, media alerts and other stories.
• Update the Kids Center website when needed.
• Write copy for a wide range of marketing materials.
• Prepare mailers and brochures by formatting content and graphics.
• Design flyers, graphics, e-vites and other marketing material for major events hosted by Kids Center.
• Create presentations, including power point and video.
• Solicit story ideas from KCPT staff, volunteers, patients, families, board members, etc.
• Process donations and prepare acknowledgement letters and other correspondence.
• Maintain foundation, corporation and individual donor files.
• Create weekly and monthly fundraising reports and other database reports, as needed.
• Continually update and correct database records.
• Conduct preliminary research on prospective corporate foundations and individual donors.
• Prepare confidential development-specific materials needed for donor visits.
• Coordinate productions and mailing of direct mail appeals.
• Maintain guest lists, gather and prepare registration materials and other duties as assigned for fund-raising events, such as event preparation, set-up, etc.
• Assemble media and donor kits for events and meetings.
• Other duties as assigned by the Assistant Executive Director for Advancement or the Director of Development.
• Completed or working toward a college degree, preferably in a related field (e.g., English, Marketing/Communications, Public Relations Business Administration, or Nonprofit Management).
• Firm grasp of available tools and platforms in the social media space, such as Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, etc.
• Must be computer literate; working knowledge of Microsoft Office required. Proficiency in Adobe InDesign and Photoshop highly desired. Knowledge of HTML and graphic design a plus.
• Ability to present information concisely and effectively, both verbally and in writing.
• Strong organizational, problem-solving and analytical skills.
• Ability to manage priorities and workflow under time pressures with accuracy.
• Ability to work independently and as a member of a team/committee with little supervision.
• Versatility, flexibility and a willingness to work within constantly changing priorities with enthusiasm.
Flexible - Will work with applicant — 15-20 hours/week. Hours are flexible; Kids Center will work with the intern to accommodate his/her course schedule and other work responsibilities. The intern may be asked to work night and/or weekend hours.
Some college — Working toward a college degree, preferably in a related field (e.g., English, Marketing/Communications, Public Relations Business Administration, or Nonprofit Management).
Louisville — 9810 Bluegrass Parkway
Send resume and cover letter outlining how your education and/or experience match the requirements of the position to firstname.lastname@example.org.