Belterra Casino Resort
The Cage & MyChoice Cashier is responsible for providing superior service to both the internal and external customer. The incumbent is also responsible for performing varied cashier functions in a pleasant, efficient and honest manner.
(The following statements are intended as general illustrations of the work in this job class and are not all inclusive for specific positions.)
Delivers superior internal and external guest service the Pinnacle Way by ensuring every interaction includes our Six Core Service Standards (Look sharp, smile and greet the guest; Be friendly, polite and use courteous language; Provide especially timely and knowledgeable service and then some; Always find solutions to guests’ problems; Use the guest’s name when appropriate; Thank the guest and invite him or her back.); and work harmoniously with fellow team members.
- Cashes checks, money orders, cashier checks, coins or chips and TITO’s for customers and employees.
- Handles large amounts of money, accounting for total funds received throughout the day and at the end of each day.
- Issues myChoice cards and maintains member database; updating guest records, effectively explaining guest mail, re-issuing lost coupons, and cashing direct mail offers.
- Effectively explains loyalty program structure and how to qualify for different levels of complimentary services and/or goods.
- Able to inform guests of and promote all aspects of the myChoice program
- Exchanges foreign currency, cash coin, exchanges coin, tokens or gaming chips for customers.
- Performs numerous telephone functions to and from central credit, other casinos, and departments within Belterra Casino Resort & Spa.
- Maintains accountability over a cashier drawer.
- Works closely with Executive Hosts and VIP Gaming Services to ensure superior guest satisfaction.
- Responsible for resolving customer service issues, concerns, or problems to ensure optimal guest satisfaction and has the resiliency to deal with difficult customers.
- Monitors TRU Currency/Coin/BV Levels thru the TRU backoffice system in order to ensure machines are replenished in a timely service as levels decrease.
- Processes large amounts of currency for daily impressments of the Cage, TRUs, and ATMs.
- Ensures timely and accurate preparation of all daily worksheets, checklists and reports associated with Cage, TRUs, and ATMs.
- Coordinates daily and month-end TRU close processes including completing daily drops and reconciliation of the TRU inventory.
- Transports currency and coin to impress appropriate areas.
- Understands the TRUs and ATM software programs in order to correctly enter data into systems.
- Works closely with Revenue Audit to ensure accurate reporting of TITO information
- Performs minor maintenance and troubleshoots minor problems related to the TRUs, Jetsorts, and ATMs. Changes ribbon and papers on all machines.
- Coordinates with equipment vendors to ensure timely maintenance and reduce downtime on TRU’s.
- Maintains the control and integrity of the Cage, TRU, and ATM inventory.
- Performs all duties in a confidential manner.
WORKING CONDITIONS/ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
This position spends the majority of shift on the casino floor, and is subject to varying levels of crowds, noise levels, and smoke, the severity of which depends upon customer volume.
Ability to communicate effectively with customers, outside contacts, and all levels of employees.
Ability to effectively and efficiently move around the cage.
Ability to review, comprehend, and write legible reports.
Ability to identify and quickly respond to potential problems with equipment.
Ability to use computer keyboard, 10-key, calculator, etc.
Ability to lift, push, and pull up to 75lbs or more.
Machines and equipment used will include 10-key adding machine, AS/400 computer system, currency counter, ticket redemption unit (TRU), ATMs, coin machine, token machine.
Ability to indentify, correct, and deal with all manner of customer problems involving ATMs and TRUs.
Must be flexible to work varying shifts and time schedules as needed.
Ability to balance bank at end of shift.
Ability to identify and accurately cash different denominations of gaming tokens, cash currency, checks, etc.
Basic Math Skills.
Strong organizational skills required.
Effective verbal and written communication skills.
Ability to compose clear, accurate, and concise reports.
Ability to obtain the appropriate work authorization per gaming regulations.
Must be able to obtain and maintain all appropriate licenses / certifications per Federal, State, and Gaming regulations.
This knowledge and these abilities are typically acquired through the completion of a high school education, or equivalent as well as on-the-job training.
Flexible - Will work with applicant
12.50 per hour + tips
Full Time Benefits
Team member discounts
$2 Team member dining
High School Diploma
Other — Florence, IN