Robins & Morton Group
General Summary of Duties: Plans, directs, and coordinates activities of Robins & Morton’s projects to
ensure that goals or objectives of project are accomplished within prescribed time frame and funding
parameters by performing the following duties personally.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist with achieving all profit, time, quality and customer satisfaction objectives on projects.
- Provide support to the Project Manager and Superintendent to maintain owner, designer and client
- Contribute to job activities in accordance with Robins & Morton’s policies and procedures, specifically
those related to project management and within the bounds of the project contract.
- Assist in the development and execution of the change order process and the execution of change orders
with the owners and subcontractors.
Job Posting Details
Robins & Morton is an EOE/Veterans/Disabilities 2 of 4
- Provide a significant contribution to managing all material procurement for the project.
- Assist with the evaluation and interpretation of all contract documents.
- Assist with the effective management of the subcontractor/general contractor/owner billing process.
- Prepare correspondence and communication for the Project Manager for pending items, logs, and other
management issues as necessary.
- Under the direction of the Project Manager, manage the closeout of assigned projects.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable
accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Education – a degree in Building Science, Construction Management or Civil Engineering is preferred, but
can be substituted with experience.Healthcare Construction experience preferred.
- Experience – Minimum of four years in construction related experience and/or training.
- Communication Skills – Must have good written and oral communications.Ability to read, analyzes, and
interprets contract documents, safety standards, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure
manuals.Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.Ability to speak effectively before groups of
clients, subcontractors, and/or employees of the organization.Advanced analytical and reading skills.
- Relationship Skills – Ability to establish professional, trusting and meaningful relationships with Clients,
Designers, and Robins & Morton staff.Ability to work effectively with subcontractors/vendors and
authorities having jurisdiction.
- Computer Skills – Competent and knowledgeable computer skills.Must have excellent computer skills in
all Microsoft Office Programs; working knowledge of Timberline Cost Reporting preferred; working
knowledge of Prolog or other type of Project Management software preferred.
- Mathematical Skills – Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions,
proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume.Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and
- Reasoning Ability – Use of basic reasoning, thinking “on your feet”, and ability to resolve issues quickly
with little or no direction from a superior.Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written,
oral, diagram, or schedule format.Good negotiating skills.Ability to make good judgments and render good
- Certificates, Licenses, Registrations – OSHA 10 Hour preferred.If not current, to receive within the first
year of employment and keep current.LEED AP a plus
Other Skills and Abilities – Knowledge of all facets of ground up Healthcare Construction/New
Renovation.Ability to manage and take responsibility for the success of an independent project up to $5M or
any size portion of a larger project under the supervision of a Project Manager, Senior Project Manager,
Senior Superintendent or Operations Manager.Advanced understanding of blueprint reading.Thorough
knowledge of mechanical/plumbing and electrical systems.Ability to recognize quality work.Ability to
coordinate many different activities.Knowledge of industry safety procedures.Thorough knowledge of the
estimating and preconstruction process.Thorough working knowledge of all phases of a construction project,
e.g., site work, utilities, foundations, structure, metal studs and drywall, building envelopes and interior
finishes.Must be able to assume responsibility for entire project.Working knowledge of R&M policies and
procedures and within the bounds of the project contract.Thorough understanding of contractual
terms.Thorough knowledge of R&M scheduling and cost reporting procedures.Knowledg
Medical Plan: PPO/POS, Medical Coverage: Employee Only, Dental, Vision, Life
Insurance, Paid Vacation, Paid Sick Leave, Retirement Plan, Disability, 401K
No education requirement