Essential Job Functions
• Assist in the treatment of residents as directed by the Physical Therapist and participate as an active member of facility's rehabilitation team.
• Provides treatment to residents as directed by the Physical Therapist. Records treatments given in medical record. Instructs families and staff in maintenance programs as directed by the Physical Therapist. Communicates with supervisor and other interdisciplinary team members regarding resident progress, problems, and plans.
• Participates in resident-care conferences and weekly rehabilitation meetings.
• Participates in facility in-service training programs.
• Assists with cleaning and maintenance of treatment area and department.
• Maintains resident confidence and protects nursing home operations by records, keeping information confidential. Records daily treatment charges according to facility policy and procedures.
• Protects resident and employee by adhering to infection control policies and protection protocols. Maintains safe and clean working environment by complying with facility and department procedure rules and regulations.
• Provides community based services such as health and wellness activities as required. Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
• Meets educational requirements established in the state of practice
• Current licensure in practicing state and/or nationally certified as a Physical Therapist Assistant
• Must pass post-offer drug test and pass post-employment physical exam if required
• Must be capable of maintaining regular attendance
• Must be able to communicate in English, both verbally and in writing.
• Must be able to maintain confidentiality regarding patient and company proprietary information.
• Must be able to relate professionally, positively, and cooperatively with residents, resident's family members, and other employees at all levels.
Other — Lexington