Hollander Sleep Products
The Receiving Supervisor is responsible for managing all incoming component inventory for a warehouse distribution and manufacturing facility.
This position will oversee the Receiving Department to include but not be limited to: ensuring accuracies, and that production material and internal standards are met. This position is expected to set Performance Standards and Key Performance goals and work to reduce waste to reach these goals. The Materials Manager is expected to create a department where safety, quality, organization, housekeeping and teamwork are at their highest levels which is observable when anyone steps into the department. Responsible for managing a component inventory and warehouse
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: Include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
• Creating a warehouse where goods flow safely and efficiently.
• Tracking and expediting materials from the port to the dock and also transferring goods to other facilities.
• Creating and managing a KANBAN system for ordering plant cartons and other manufacturing and shipping supplies.
• Work closely with our corporate planning and purchasing department to find inventory reduction opportunities and raise inventory turns.
• Work closely with plant production to communicate material availability.
• Responsible for receiving reports.
• Other duties as assigned,
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
Minimum of a two year degree or related experience. 4 year degree is a plus. Minimum of 2years management experience.
• At least 2 years of Inventory or Receiving Supervisory experience.
• Experience leading a warehouse crew.
• Experience creating performance standards and measurements
• Experience creating and maintaining cycle count programs
• Proven track record of reaching and maintaining inventory location accuracy of 98% or better
• Lean warehousing skills, Kanban, KPI’s, Standard Work, 5S, Problem Solving, Continuous Improvement
• Experience in receiving materials preferred
• Strong communication and personal computer skills
• Oracle, JD Edwards, SAP or similar ERP system a plus
• Materials management, ordering and expediting experience
• Experience with vessel lines and drayage carriers a plus
• Strong organizational and team-building skills
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the essential functions of the job the employee is occasionally required to lift up to 50 lbs., handle objects, stand, use close vision, use distant vision, and hear. The employee is occasionally required to bend, twist and kneel. The employee must frequently stand and work for long periods of time.
ENVIRONMENT: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Ability to work a flexible schedule and may need to work overtime as needed to maintain the equipment.
Louisville — 2109 Carton Drive Louisville KY 40299