Robyns & Morton Group
General Summary of Duties: Directs, coordinates, and exercises functional authority for planning, organization, control, integration, and completion of assigned project within area of assigned responsibility by performing the following duties. Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Support the Superintendent and Project Manager in providing leadership for assigned areas of responsibility.
- Manage all assigned jobsite field management personnel to effectively perform their job requirements.
- Contribute to the management of job activities in accordance with Robins & Morton’s policies and procedures and within the bounds of the project contract.
- As required, manage all field operations of subcontractors to effectively install their portion of the work.
- Maintain a working relationship with project subcontractors.
- Ascertain and assure the quality of the work is in accordance with plans and specifications.
Job Posting Details
Robins & Morton is an EOE/Veterans/Disabilities 2 of 4
- Maintain a clean, orderly jobsite.
- Manage all assigned field labor to accomplish designated tasks.
- Enforce the Robins & Morton Drug, Alcohol and Harassment policies in areas of assigned responsibility.
- Enforce jobsite safety procedures to comply with all OSHA regulations and the Robins & Morton Safety Program.
- As required, maintain daily logs to document all jobsite activities and events.
- Assist with implementation and maintenance of quality control programs and life safety checkout procedures.
- Responsible for the layout of the building structure, partitions and other portions of the work.
- Assist in submittal and shop drawing review as assigned.
- Provide support to the project team to maintain owner, designer and client relationships.
Qualifications: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Education – a degree in Building Science, Construction Management or Civil Engineering is preferred, but can be substituted with experience.
- Experience – Minimum two years experience as a Field or Project Engineer. Healthcare Construction experience preferred.
- Communication Skills – Good written and oral communications. Ability to read, analyzes, and interprets, safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of subcontractors and/or employees of the organization. Advanced analytical and reading skills
- Relationship Skills – Ability to work effectively with subcontractors.
- Computer Skills – Must have computer skills in Microsoft Office Programs. Competent and knowledgeable in computer skills.
- Mathematical Skills – Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
Medical Plan: PPO/POS, Medical Coverage: Employee Only, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, Paid Vacation, Paid Sick Leave, Retirement Plan, Disability, 401K