Bluegrass Center for Autism
The role of the Instructor is an integral part of the classroom and requires flexibility, dedication, and patience. The Instructor must be capable of multi-tasking, displaying professional reactions to stressful situations, receiving constructive feedback, and aiding the lead instructor in anything necessary. The following are the duties and responsibilities of the Instructor (including but not limited to):
• Maintains a positive and professional working environment
• Attends all staff meetings and department meetings as requested
• Communicates effectively with Lead Instructor and other team members. Also, communicates effectively with Program Coordinators and Program Director when necessary.
• Receives and acts on constructive feedback
• Must be reliable and punctual
• Completes Communication Logs for learners they work directly with as directed by Lead Instructor
• Communicates with parents in a friendly and appropriate manner in carpool
• Maintains assigned binder by keeping up with graphing daily and moving targets from one acquisition phase to the next appropriate phase. This includes recording cold probe and behavior data daily.
• Upon arrival daily, will attend to the needs of the assigned binder.
• Completes necessary documentation and delivers to the assigned BA as directed, for their assigned learner.
• Reports directly to the Lead Instructor on a daily basis.
• If Issues are outside of the responsibilities of the Lead Instructor will report directly to the Program Director.
• Follows the general operations of the classroom
• Models positive and effective teaching skills including enthusiasm, positive praise and reinforcement
• Demonstrates strong skill set in regards to data recording, graphing and binder management.
• PAY RATE - $10-$12
High School Degree
18 Years Old
Full-time and/or Part-time
Flexible - Will work with applicant
Full Health, Vision and Dental Benefits offered.
High School Diploma
Please email our HR Department: